Arithmetic operand exceeds maximum size
Either an operand or the result of an arithmetic operation exceeds the allowable size for its data type. Possible causes are as follows:
- During evaluation of an arithmetic expression, the number of significant digits in the final or some intermediate result exceeded 28 for a decimal variable or the whole number part of an implied‑decimal variable.
- The INCR statement caused the value of a variable to overflow its field width. (For example, the highest number a d2 field can hold is 99.)
- A decimal value that exceeded the documented limit was passed to a system‑supplied external subroutine.
- A decimal value exceeds the minimum 64‑bit value.
- You specified a decimal value greater than 65,535 as the control value in a SLEEP statement or as the number of seconds to wait in the WAIT external subroutine.